Wednesday, April 22, 2015

New Knit Stitch a Week: Tear Drop stitch

Tear Drop stitch

Well, I have finally moved on from the Complete Guide to Needlework stitches - having stitched up all the stitches in there that interested me. This week I begin sampling from lovely knit stitches available online, which means - whew! I won't have to type out copious directions and worry I missed something! :)

I really love this stitch - it's a chunky texture, especially in the Vanna's Choice yarn, on size 10 needles (left) - on the smaller needles (right) it has a nice springy, dense shape.

The back has its own thing going on, and is pretty nice, too:

Tear Drop stitch, wrong side

Maybe blocking would improve the side edges - looking wavy and wonky right now. Overall, I love this stitch.

Left: Using size 10 needles and Vanna's Choice yarn, I cast on 13 stitches
Right: Using size 6 needles and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Almond, I cast on 17 stitches

Stitch pattern found here: www.knittingstitchpatterns.com/2015/03/tear-drop.html

No comments: