Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 3: More Lottie Progress

after about 14 hours of stitching

So here Lottie stands after about 14 hours of stitching. As I noted on the photo, it was "about" because I kept getting distracted. Number 1: I started this while watching The Princess Bride and I kept getting interrupted by tears coming to my eyes at the romantic parts. Yes, I am that big of a sucker for Princess Bride. Normally I am quite calloused to love stories and spend the whole time rolling my eyes at romantic comedies. But that one is so sweet and silly it always hits me with a sucker punch.

Also, I made the poor choice of watching "Serial Killers on the Loose" and there was a whole lot more looking up, feeling sad, saying ewww, and feeling rather disappointed in humanity.

As you can see, I didn't add a lot, mainly because at this stage I do a lot of inner debate at very small things like, "what color should the stems be?" or "what's the perfect shade of green?" or "how yellow should the yellow be?" I'm on the fence about the olive-y green and may change it. White daisies, so-so. But I do like the lemon yellow bows:

lemon yellow bows

5 comments:

Aubrey Longley-Cook said...

le woof.

Lola Nova said...

This is spectacular!

barncat (Lisa) said...

Lottie is looking wonderful!

Also had to say that Princess Bride is a favorite at our house, it gets quoted quite often. INCONCEIVABLE! No more rhyming, I mean it!

reilly said...

it looks great! I caught the Princess Bride on TV yesterday, too!

Claudia said...

I love this pattern and you are definitely doing it justice! Can't wait to see the finished product!